Friday, May 13, 2005

13 days less 'til the end of the world

Happy Friday the 13th! I hope that chaos, mayhem, pandemonium, and discord reign supreme this day. I will certainly be doing my part.



They say that one definition of time is a movement from a state of less to more chaos, which is why a cup breaks but does not fix itself. The act of fixing the cup, while lessening the physical chaos, actually adds to the overall chaos in the universe due to the energy released while fixing it.

Since time is only an increasing progression of chaos, why do people continue having any hope for the future?



That was a really stupid question. Aside from the fact that it’s practically baseless (the colloquial and scientific definitions of chaos differ, for one, and anyway the so-called progression isn’t a literal progression), it ignores a basic fact about human nature that should be obvious to anyone who has lived in this earth for more than three days: humans have an amazing way of lying to themselves. It’s a survival trait.

Reminds me of a quote from Animerica’s English serialization of X/1999: “The end and the future are one, but we keep on living for the future.” Pretty senseless, when you think about it. It was one of my favorite quotes.



Chaos is a favorite topic because, for the longest time, I called myself the personification of chaos just because I was clumsy and, for some reason, things fell down around me. It’s fun, being chaos. Destroying order is always fun, until you realize that chaos is just a different kind of order.

This is why I haven’t stopped calling myself chaos; eventually, people realize that, yes, there is a certain order to my actions, but that order is my own.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM , Blogger ia said...

Your last paragraph: I did say that to somebody! Something like, "may sariling order si Jael, di lang natin naiintindihan."

To hell with conformity. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home