Monday, May 09, 2005

Opening Night

...it's a soft opening, yes, but then most openings are.



S'funny: I seem to remember that the roads were more congested, way back when, even though there were fewer cars. Each and every time, when I went home to Alabang, the cars would be at a standstill along South Super. Edsa was hell as well. Commonwealth? Dear God. Traffic was awful, when I was a child. I always ended up dizzy (why do children throw up so often, anyway?). The airconditioning was also worse in those beat-up old cars, and always smelled of air freshener. Usually citrus. Now, we go back and forth Quezon City and Alabang in an hour, and we always pass through Edsa, and there is not a trace of faux citrus in the air. Even so, people yap on and on about the MMDA and the buses and the traffic.

People complain more, nowadays, with less problems, about all sorts of different things.



I once got mad at my mother because she made me kiss her goodbye, then stayed another hour in the house before leaving for office.

Don't kiss me if you're not going to go yet!

She had to stay even longer after that to calm me. I was about four, I think. I had a lot of tantrums when I was a kid. It's weird, thinking back on those times.

I complained more, back then, about so much less.

I liked being a child.

3 Comments:

At 12:34 AM , Blogger ia said...

jael!!

by golly, she has a blog! my oh my, people are blogging left and right. and i wouldn't have known sooner if i hadn't checked out statcounter. sneaky girl.

too bad you missed the iblog summit! :) twas a lot of fun. especially with dean alfar.

*binyagan ang bagong blog!* am gonna blogroll you at the parser blog now.

^__^

 
At 1:35 AM , Blogger Corsarius said...

tsk. naunahan ako ni ia. o wel. :P

may blog ka na!!! ^___^ congrats, and good luck!

and yes, i liked being a child too. now, i'm not even a teenager.

jael, long live to the writers in us! :D

p.s. link pala kita ha..

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Jael said...

...stalker 'tong mga 'to. ^_^

Hehe. Sige po, minsan magpo-post naman ako sa parser blog. One of these days. ^___^

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home